Lil' Genghis, future world leader Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Distant rumblings

mom said she thought it was the time a little bit ago. Enter the concerned whispers, the comforting touches, the frantic search for socks, the need to finally charge the camera batteries and print out the phone list and and and and realize that maybe this is not it. Good exercise and practice, though!

Something about this exercise put an old song in dad's head. The tune is by the Saffire -- the Uppity Blues Women, an Alligator Records band featuring, well, uppity blues women.

Anyway, the song in question has lyrics posted on some sorta sex site, where the poster thought yeah, some day, someone's gonna come looking for them. The lyrics still seem pretty apt, so let's hope no one busts us for copyright violations:
I’m a big girl now
I can’t cry
When you left me
I kept my pain inside

Though I knew we had to part
there’s silent thunder in my heart
I can’t talk it out
can’t say a word
as life moves on
it’s all been heard
and what lingers is so tart
this silent thunder in my heart

I go to my job
smile on my face
concealing my wounds
and my disgrace
though I knew we had to part
there’s silent thunder in my heart

I go to my job
smile on my face
concealing my wounds and my disgrace
though I knew we had to part
there’s silent in my heart
in my heart…
in my heart…
in my heart…

Lil' Genghis, girl, we know you have to part soon. mom thought she had a different kind of thunder going on in her body this morning; soon, she'll have it in her heart. We can't wait, except we can wait. =)

EDIT: You might be able to listen to that song here.

EDIT EDIT: This is a great time to say that Uncle Boboli introduced dad to The Uppity Blues Women. We gotta say it now, because otherwise he'll rush to take credit, and then we'd have to remind the world that Uncle Boboli also introduced dad to the art of doing shots of Goldschlagger with his grandparents on his 21st birthday, then singing "My Ding-A-Ling" to an assembled group of family -- an assembled group of Italian family, no less, all 1,823 of 'em.

3 Comments:

  • Don't know how you guys will react about, but I'll show Lil' Isa some Tom Waits songs... Ok?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/3/07 14:43  

  • Oooooooo, it's almost time! Wow! I cannot believe it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/3/07 16:05  

  • Well I'm glad someone remembers that day, I sure don't.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/3/07 16:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home